How do I can implement something like CSS overflow-y:scroll

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hi guys! I need to create a quest journal in my game. I have a panel on which quests will be displayed. I need that panel to act like <div> with CSS attribute overflow-y: scroll. Is that possible to make in C2? Thanks in advance.

• If you really want to use HTML elements, there is a plugin for that in the plugin section of this forum.

If you want to recreate something like that in construct code, it's possible but not easy..

It would mean creating a scrollbar based on the size of the visible text, using masking to mask the part unvisible, etcetera..

An easier choice might be working with a next and previous button to go to other parts in your text instead of scrolling..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you really want to use HTML elements, there is a plugin for that in the plugin section of this forum.

If you want to recreate something like that in construct code, it's possible but not easy..

It would mean creating a scrollbar based on the size of the visible text, using masking to mask the part unvisible, etcetera..

An easier choice might be working with a next and previous button to go to other parts in your text instead of scrolling..

I was thinking about buttons too. Maybe it'll be the best option. Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)