How do I build a signalling server

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • I have a server, and I want to create a multiplayer game, using my own server.

How do I make my server a signalling server??

• After a google search you might find this article written by Ashley helpful in making your multiplayer game:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/892/mu ... pts/page-3

• That's only the multiplayer tutorial, however does not explain how to setup an own signalling server.

I would actually also be interested how i could setup my own dedicated server as a signalling server, offering multiple gaming sessions for a 4 player coop game.

• We don't currently support independent signalling servers. However our own server is running on a powerful dedicated server with a gigabit connection and very good uptime, so you shouldn't have any trouble with it!

• Oh ok.

But what if someone wants to go big.

If thousands of players will be connecting to the signalling server offering hundreds of multiplayer sessions.

I mean of course, if it's just a signalling server, it will only connect them peer to peer to each other.

But still, it would be really great if i could offer a dedicated signalling server on our own, maybe even multiple ones, one for each continent.

• Oh ok.

But what if someone wants to go big.

If thousands of players will be connecting to the signalling server offering hundreds of multiplayer sessions.

I mean of course, if it's just a signalling server, it will only connect them peer to peer to each other.

But still, it would be really great if i could offer a dedicated signalling server on our own, maybe even multiple ones, one for each continent.

Can't agree more...

• I'd also like to see a dedicated signalling server option. The multiplayer plugin is great to have in this way too, but thinking about future possibilities and enormous projects I believe it is needed. It would be nice for the devs to be able to set up theit own server.

• Are we out of luck with multiplayer development if corporate requires all services hosted internally or in-network?

• Has the dedicated server idea gotten anywhere? I really do not like the idea of being forced to use Scirra's server and not be able to make my own.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not having the possibility to restart a server or monitor it sucks.

What if it goes down? who is monitoring the scirra server?

And will we be notisfied if it goes down?

Id rather setup my own, and create some alert system via sms and email, and a control panel for restarting and monitoring.

This current setup is not a stable solution in the end... and i guess thats why we cant connect to to it from Denmark.. Its probably placed in US, and theres latency or something.. Over 12 people have tried. No luck..

• Hi,

Reading about MultiPlayer the Construct2 way, unfortunately the signalling server seems to be a block to progress.

If I am creating something commercial then I need to have control and ownership over any critical infrastructure. There may also be some potential clients who require the entire system infrastructure to be on secured servers - not accessible via the Internet or using any Internet hosted resources for normal operation.

Please advise when the signalling server source code will be made available.

Thank you.

• We will probably release the signalling server in the near future, but I can't promise a specific date right now.

• Righto - thank you Ashley, your rapid reply appreciated.

• Not having the possibility to restart a server or monitor it sucks.

What if it goes down? who is monitoring the scirra server?

And will we be notisfied if it goes down?

Id rather setup my own, and create some alert system via sms and email, and a control panel for restarting and monitoring.

This current setup is not a stable solution in the end... and i guess thats why we cant connect to to it from Denmark.. Its probably placed in US, and theres latency or something.. Over 12 people have tried. No luck..

Yes, I do agree with you.For the server is not mine, I have not right to do what I want.

• For the commercial purpose, not good to use the Scirra server, one should host his own server and scale as he wanted.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)