How do I: Browser Trouble

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • I have the browser as Chrome in the properties tab. Event sheet: Start of layout->Make sprite visible (initial invisible) Event-> when sprite visible Action->Browser ->Go to URL "I type in a simple URL like "http://www.google.com"

It will not work, any ideas? Thank you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I fixed the issue but now how do I return to Construct 2 (my game) after visiting the web page? Thanks

• If you called the webpage by making a javascript window.open call

Then You should be able to "Close" The Browser by calling that function with the Browser object that calls the function in your event sheet either on a timer or simply by minimizing the browser window..

but

Security limitations sometimes prevent browser actions. For example, the window Close action can only be used when the window was created by a javascript window.open call.

Not sure if thats what you mean...

• Thank you, I will work more on this. I tried the timer and close browser but it did not go back to my game (still experimenting). I did find a temporary solution, I embedded HTML code on my webpage that when clicked will bring me back to the previous browser page (my game). But still trying to find a cleaner way.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)