How do I best handle PC resolution

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A space themed game with high quality 2D graphics and addictive music that provide hours of fun
  • Hi everyone,

I'm looking at swapping from mobile to PC development and I'm doing a bit of research. A lot of things seem straight forward but I am struggling to find a good answer on screen resolutions. I know I'm should pick an intitial ratio of 16:9 for my window size - but how do I allow the player to select their own resolution?

• Set canvas size?

• Hey LaDestitue,

thanks for your reply - could you explain the difference between window size and canvas size then?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Many designs take advantage of the various types of scaling C2 offers. As C2 apps run in a browser, different resolutions/window are handled by proper scaling. The user changes resolution by changing the browser window size. You can have further control over the viewable area in any given resoltion by setting layout (or layer) scale.

Basically, users already control their own resolution by changing the size of the browser window. If you want the user to be able to see more or less of your layout, use layout scale.

If that's not what you are looking for, perhaps a more detailed description of what you expect to happen or a use case for the user might help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)