How do I ball game

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Bouncing ball
$9.99 USD
Template for a bouncing ball game, fully documented in comments and video
  • Hello I cant seem to get a ball to go inside a rim. I have the ball shooting down vertically from the top but instead of ball goin in the rim it looks like it goes in front of the rim instead . I tried many methods

• Does anyone know?

• Can you do it with layers? You can make the back part of the rim on layer 1 the ball in layer 2 and the front part of the rim in layer 3

• Do that mean i have to upload the same sprite twice because the rim itself is all one sprite

• You can do it like this

• im try that way but i actually got my protoype working a lil but i want to spawn more balls frequently down the vertical axis instead. what i did so far was i added a custom movement behavior to the ball and in the event sheet i did a set speed vertical at 50 which is what i wanted . but it only shoots the ball down one time is there way where i can have the system just keeping shooting down the ball maybe until a time run out or something

• Yes you could do that. Loop it or there are many ways you can do it. We are here to guide you and not write complete code for you. I am sorry if I sound rude but, we cannot do that. If we did that everyone will be asking Ashley, Tom, Julian can you make me small shoot-em-up please. I don't think Ashley or anyone has time. Now to answer your question you can SPAWN BALL EVERY 1,2, OR 3 SECONDS. USE TIMER = 0 COUNT NUMBER OF TIME BALL SPAWN UNTIL TIME RUN OUT. SIMPLE

• Consider attaching your current capx with your post, that will make it easier for everyone to see exactly what you have going on.

So far you have been pretty vague with the description of your issue.

• Um excuse me dont when u upload a capx people can use your game as there own

• And so u saying people are not allowed to give code on the forums

• lilvee1989 do you think you are better coder then anyone? On this forum you ask for help. We on other hand give you our code or capx for your help. Where does that leave you? You are stealing our code is well? But we are not like you. We are here to help people like you with honest intention and not here to steal your game. Kyatric only ask for your capx meaning not your game but, some kind of information. So we could understand what you are trying to do. In future if you cannot be polite and accuse us or indict us then please go somewhere else and ask for help. Not on this SCIRRA forum. This forum is built on trust and not like what you articulate. If I sound rude then I am sorry but, someone has to speak up on behalf of honest people whom are trying to help and not steal game idea.

• lilvee1989 do you think you are better coder then anyone? On this forum you ask for help. We on other hand give you our code or capx for your help. Where does that leave you? You are stealing our code is well? But we are not like you. We are here to help people like you with honest intention and not here to steal your game. Kyatric only ask for your capx meaning not your game but, some kind of information. So we could understand what you are trying to do. In future if you cannot be polite and accuse us or indict us then please go somewhere else and ask for help. Not on this SCIRRA forum. This forum is built on trust and not like what you articulate. If I sound rude then I am sorry but, someone has to speak up on behalf of honest people whom are trying to help and not steal game idea.

• I never said I was better than anyone I was just asking a simple question because I wasn't sure . There is no reason to get defensive

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Then please do not accuse us for stealing your game IDEA

• Wow, Lordshiva1948, overreaction of the century. Please don't think that you speak for anyone but yourself.

Lilvee was simply asking "hey, isn't it true that people could steal my game if I post the capx?" It's a totally valid question, and this is not the first time this issue has come up. Nor will it be the last time the issue comes up. There was no accusation, just a perfectly acceptable newbie question met with a harsh and overblown reaction.

Lilvee, when people ask for a capx, it means that they cannot guess your problem, so they need to see it for themselves. If you're worried about someone stealing your game or assets, create a duplicate capx that has all of the other content stripped out, and only has the issue that you're asking about. Actually this is a far better practice anyway: doing so makes it easier for other people to work through your code, and it often has the side-effect of forcing you to take apart your code and sometimes fix it in the act of doing so.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)