How do I animate a tiled Background?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Video intro templates for games and game making with Construct 3 made with Animate
  • Is it even possible? What I'd like to do is have a repeating pattern scroll slowly by along the x axis as a background. I figured a tiled background would be a good start for the repeating pattern. However, the only way I can think of to animate it is to make the boarders of the tiled background object a multiple of the width of the image being tiled, and then slowly move the tile background along and reset it's position after it moves one image width. Hopefully that would preserve the illusion. Is there a better way?

• dont use a tile back ground instead create a bg layer and add the background there as a sprite and give it a bullet behavior

and set the angle of motion to 180 (and maybe flip it too) add a few of them and set the warp behavior too that should work

• dont use a tile back ground instead create a bg layer and add the background there as a sprite and give it a bullet behavior

and set the angle of motion to 180 (and maybe flip it too) add a few of them and set the warp behavior too that should work

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ash10500, There's no need to make an object a sprite to add Bullet Behavior. A tiled background is probably a better match for Yttermayn's needs.

By default, Tiled backgrounds are not animateable.

The three solutions I'm aware of are yours- moving the background with a looping mechanism*

Having one tiled background per frame- not recommended for long animations

Having an animated sprite overtop, if only one piece of the background needs animation.

*see for a background approach very similar to yours. The anti-choppiness solution will probably come in handy for you.

• Ash10500 Unnatural20, Thanks guys! I think I'll go the route of the tiled background with bullet behavior, and I took note of the choppiness issue in the related thread.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)