🚨How do I analyze system audio?🚨

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Create complex dialogues with ease with this tool/template!
  • I have been trying to get system audio analyzed in C2 for months down. I know all the ingredients I just can't figure out the right way to mix them.

Here are two methods of html5 live audio input, could someone give me (the community) the Christmas gift of how to implement one of these methods:

https://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/getusermedia/intro/

or

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2012/09/Live-Web-Audio-Input-Enabled:

// success callback when requesting audio input stream

function gotStream(stream) {

window.AudioContext = window.AudioContext || window.webkitAudioContext;

var audioContext = new AudioContext();

// Create an AudioNode from the stream.

var mediaStreamSource = audioContext.createMediaStreamSource( stream );

// Connect it to the destination to hear yourself (or any other node for processing!)

mediaStreamSource.connect( audioContext.destination );

}

navigator.getUserMedia = navigator.getUserMedia || navigator.webkitGetUserMedia;

navigator.getUserMedia( {audio:true}, gotStream );

??  ??  ?????????? ????????????????  ??  ??

• Original post links were corrupted somehow.

• you may want to try tone.js plugin by rexrainbow

it has fft size equilisation and many things more, and you can take the file bindata and use lerp(bin1,bin2,reactiontime) and get a overall volume which im using atm here .

P.S works with any audio file, even with some video files

and has also microphone capturing examples around in the libary there rexrainbow knows better though. i was only interested in the ability to be able to play any format and use the FFT/waveform analyser

it has fft size equilisation and many things more, and you can take the file bindata and use lerp(bin1,bin2,reactiontime) and get a overall volume which im using atm here .

and has also microphone capturing examples around in the libary there rexrainbow knows better though. i was only interested in the ability to be able to play any format and use the FFT/waveform analyser

Not working on music file analyzing, I'm done with that part myself. Just input analyzing; as per the OP and example code with references.

• Here are analyser sample capx files in tone.js

audio file + analyser

mic input + analyser

rexrainbow thank you so much. I am so happy to be wrong.

?? 0 lag sound file analyzing

?? input analyzing

?? sound card analyzing

• ?? 0 lag sound file analyzing

?? input analyzing

?? sound card analyzing

??? can you explain what you want to do exactly? i know what you mean, when you say windows system card analyzing ... but you might confuse things... you mean you want to analyze the system speaker? the one that you hear bipping when error or bios is rebooting? cause you cant do that ... that is not a part of the sound card.

• >

>

> ✔️ 0 lag sound file analyzing

> ✔️ input analyzing

> ✖️ sound card analyzing

>

??? can you explain what you want to do exactly? i know what you mean, when you say windows system card analyzing ... but you might confuse things... you mean you want to analyze the system speaker? the one that you hear bipping when error or bios is rebooting? cause you cant do that ... that is not a part of the sound card.

lol, you're cracking me up. Not the PC speaker good sir. Even if we were say to be talking about the PC speaker, a signal is a signal as far as the analyser is concerned as long as it can receive it.

rexrainbow is going to solve the last part by updating the Construct 2 plugin wrapper for Tone.js capability to use ExternalInput https://tonejs.github.io/docs/#ExternalInput. Tone.js itself is really only tapping into what's available in the DOM https://developers.google.com/web/updat ... ut-Enabled. you should come checkout the Construct 2 discord channel 🙋.

p.s. I wish my electric potato had a pc speaker, it's great for old dos games.

• adcornaglia

Please download rex_tonejs_api plugin again, here is a sample capx of ExternalInput.getSources.

• you should come checkout the Construct 2 discord channel ??.

p.s. I wish my electric potato had a pc speaker, it's great for old dos games.

nah discord, been there done that, left it cause most people are focused on their own activity, plus it gets my attention to much, and i tend to be "Sir 'mIRC a lot" and cuts my productivity! i help in forum where i can and when i can, is better this way.

thanks for invite though!

P.S

the audio input post is really interesting, hope its going to be updated, i think i can make use of it in a app or 2! lol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ??

HAPPY NEW YEARS !!!

?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

just trying to work out it detecting the sound card, I'm missing something I'm sure XD.

> you should come checkout the Construct 2 discord channel ??.

>

> p.s. I wish my electric potato had a pc speaker, it's great for old dos games.

>

nah discord, been there done that, left it cause most people are focused on their own activity, plus it gets my attention to much, and i tend to be "Sir 'mIRC a lot" and cuts my productivity! i help in forum where i can and when i can, is better this way.

thanks for invite though!

P.S

the audio input post is really interesting, hope its going to be updated, i think i can make use of it in a app or 2! lol

A game being a full production, sound can be overlooked as part of the full package. Just being able to say have trees bob to the beat of the music in the background, or have sprite dancers in your game actually move to the music, can be the sorts of memories that really last out of game play. I'm happy this interests others, as it can only feed into this endless pool of knowledge. Anyway have a great night!!! Don't get too krunk off in that junk.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)