How do I ... advanced data structure (not xml)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I'm really in need of a flexible data object (3d array, boundless json, etc) but everything seems to be 1d for storage and variable options.

Am I missing something? I am capable of making a plugin, but want to make sure I'm not spinning my wheels as I'd assume other people would have benefited by this in the past as well?

• skelooth - I made these a while back. I don't officially support them but they work and I use them in my project. Your welcome to give them a try.

Plugins

[attachment=2:2gpmif2e][/attachment:2gpmif2e]

Example Capx

[attachment=1:2gpmif2e][/attachment:2gpmif2e]

Preview of usage

[attachment=0:2gpmif2e][/attachment:2gpmif2e]

Storage = 3D Object

Table = 2D Object

List = 1D Object (Basically the same as a dictionary)

They function like a normal Array/Hash table would in most programming languages. They support merging/loading raw JSON to them which is what you looking for. I provided a few example capx files that i work on to test them when i make an update to them. They should explain how to use it. Hopefully this helps

• Without looking at the file, does it support the system save/load function as well?

Thanks! Looks easy to use as well!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • skelooth - Sorry no I haven't put that in yet as my projects don't involve saving... but ill look at the API this week end and see whats involved... ill message you and let you know.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)