How do I Add Speed Whenever I Reach Certain Score?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Like the title said, how to add speed/difficulty of the game whenever the player reach certain score?

thanks

• Like the title said, how to add speed/difficulty of the game whenever the player reach certain score?

thanks

Depends on what your game's speed is based, if on a simple time scale then, if value "PlayerScore" = 100 let's say, then set "System">"Time Scale" to timescale+(how much you want to add to a timescale).

• One way of doing this is to make an event that compares the "score" variable and if it is equal or greater than for example 100 set speed to XX or whatever you want to do to make it more difficult.

EDIT: I was too late but we almost recommended the same solution

• > Like the title said, how to add speed/difficulty of the game whenever the player reach certain score?

>

> thanks

>

Depends on what your game's speed is based, if on a simple time scale then, if value "PlayerScore" = 100 let's say, then set "System">"Time Scale" to timescale+(how much you want to add to a timescale).

Here is the condition, the character speed will increase every time player's score incremented by 100, like, 200, 300, 400, ....

Of course I can do it if it's only a static condition like

If score = 100, set speed to 1000

But, this one is different

My brain can't think a way to do it

• >

> > Like the title said, how to add speed/difficulty of the game whenever the player reach certain score?

> >

> > thanks

> >

> Depends on what your game's speed is based, if on a simple time scale then, if value "PlayerScore" = 100 let's say, then set "System">"Time Scale" to timescale+(how much you want to add to a timescale).

>

Here is the condition, the character speed will increase every time player's score incremented by 100, like, 200, 300, 400, ....

Okay, and your character speed is based on ... ?

• Global variable Currentspeed = 0

Everytime score reach increment by 100 like 100, 200, 300, ..

Add +1 to currentspeed

X Object move position angle 180, Currentspeed pixel

• >

> > Like the title said, how to add speed/difficulty of the game whenever the player reach certain score?

> >

> > thanks

> >

> Depends on what your game's speed is based, if on a simple time scale then, if value "PlayerScore" = 100 let's say, then set "System">"Time Scale" to timescale+(how much you want to add to a timescale).

>

Of course I can do it if it's only a static condition like

If score = 100, set speed to 1000

But, this one is different

Assuming it's linear like the example you suggested:

playerSpeed = score*10

if score >100

else playerSpeed = default

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Assuming it's linear like the example you suggested:

playerSpeed = score*10

if score >100

else playerSpeed = default

thanks!

It works well so far

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)