How do I add/remove parameters of an action/expression later

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Add this awesome sound effects to make your visual novel come to life!
  • Hi ,

i am writing a plugin and found it very difficult to add/remove parameters of actions/expressions later on.

For example i use in my project an action with 2 parameters of my plugin: doSomething(1,2) and want to add a third parameter to this action. I change the code of the plugin and receive an error after i reopen my project.

How i manage it? If i want to add the parameter in construct2 first it won't let me, cause the action only has 2 parameters, if i add the third in the plugin i won't be able to open my project anymore due to the problem that my action only has 2 paramters instead of 3.

The only possible solution is to delete the action before. Change the plugin and add the action after restart again with the additional parameter, but seriously this cannot be the right way. What if i use the action a dozen times in my game. How do i mange it the right way? Thanks a lot

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wouldn't it be nice if treehouses could float?

That way, after building the treehouse, you could remove and replace the tree without having to worry about the branches supporting the house..

Oops, sorry, This is the Construct2-forum..

Thought I was still at

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)