Remove all ad plugins from your project.
Install latest cocoon plugins into C2:
Add the cocoon Admob plugin to your c2 project. Fill in the admob ids in the plugin settings. Put your admob events somewhere in your project. Export project. Upload to cocoon.io. Turn on admob in cocoon.io services. Make sure the 'admob native ads for android' is in the plugin settings. Compile apk.
Thank you gameglaux!
Sadly, it still didn't work. Here's what I did:
1. Removed all ad plugins.
2. Closed C2.
3. Installed new Cocoon plugins.
4. Added Cocoon ads plugin to my project.
5. added the "Load Banner Ad", "Show Banner Ad" and "Set Banner Position" actions to my "At start of Layout" event on the layout I wanted the ad to show. Set position to 0,0 just to test (don't care where it shows as long as it shows for the test). Used Google's test IDs.
6. Exported Cordova.
7. Updated source code in Cocoon project
8. Activated Ad module, turning on AdMob.
9. Added the native Admob Android plugin and the one for iOS just in case.
10. Compiled APK
11. Uploaded ARM7 version to Google Play store as Beta
12. Downloaded new update.
Ads not showing.
At least I don't get a black screen anymore, but I don't get any ads, either
Am I missing something?
Thanks for your help.