How do I

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Forgot a title, sorry.

Hello,

i would like to create an app with different unlockable levels/characters etc. What's the best/most efficient way to do this? Creating different layers for each level or storing level data somewhere and fetching it when needed? Does anyone has experience with this?

So far I stored every single level data in an array and fetch it when needed but I am curious if there is a better way.

Thank you!!

• Forgot a title, sorry.

Hello,

i would like to create an app with different unlockable levels/characters etc. What's the best/most efficient way to do this? Creating different layers for each level or storing level data somewhere and fetching it when needed? Does anyone has experience with this?

So far I stored every single level data in an array and fetch it when needed but I am curious if there is a better way.

Thank you!!

That depends on your game but most level games are made by layout per level, especially on RPG or Open world games.

Note:Layout per level games are more efficient in terms of object count.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • on event complete = set object active / set unlock level = true

can be level based, score base or object based

• hm what about a game like Geometry Dash..its very famous. Would you do the different levels with different layouts?

• hm what about a game like Geometry Dash..its very famous. Would you do the different levels with different layouts?

I probably would, someone else probably wouldn't..

A lot depends on what you are comfortable with, how big your game will be, how much experience you have in creating games, etcetera..

You are the one creating the game, so you decide how to make it, right?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)