Well the music didn't bother me, so I took a look at it and I see what you mean. Looks pretty complicated mate, I'm not sure what to tell you....
I'm not sure what the right way to do it is, but here is how I would attempt it:
1. I would make the character/enemy art and then I would split it up into pieces. I would olso create an outline for the character and color it with a random color.
2. I would then load the outline into C2 and load each of the art pieces, all of them as a seperate object.
3. I would then position the outlines where I want on the levels and then put the pieces on top of the outline to make it look like a complete image.
4. I would then add the pin behavior to each art piece and pin them to the outline. I would probably(not 100%) have to add the physics object to each piece too.
5. Then I would make the events on laser object collision with outline check the y of the impact on the outline. Then unpin the art pieces above that y, and set a gravity for them.
That's how I would do it, but like I said I am sure there are better ways of doing it. I just don't know what they are. Good luck mate, you're gonna need it, hope it works out for you.