How do add a smooth circular platform in a platformer

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hello!

I'm trying to make a small platformer set in space where you fly from planet to planet.

The problem I'm having is that the planets are suppose to be smooth and circular. like planets! but with the collision polygons they feel sharp and not at all nice to walk on

Is there a way to use the platformer behavior and have smooth circular platforms?

Thank you!

• I'm not quite sure if this is useful for your project but normally these kind of issues are handled by changing the platform angle of gravity with the players movement. Click file -> new and then choose "Example: Rotating Platformer" from the list. This template explains how it works.

• As far as I know, circular collision polygons are not possible. I can't give full solution to this, but I have one idea that maybe could work.

You could make it as regular flat floor platformer, but make it look like your on a planet. Just make the actual ground on a layout invisible and make a non-solid sprite image of a planet under players feet. Make planet.x = player.x. Then rotate the planet and backround according to player movements (e.g. set planet angle relative to player.x and pin background to the planet). Any collectible objects and enemies on the planet must be pinned to the planet (position and rotation).

This only works if you have single planet in each layout. If you want jumping from planet to planet or something like that, then it's more complicated.

• Thank you all for your help. I went ahead and decided to drop using the Platformer behavior altogether and just switch to physics to get a smooth rotation!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I know the type of game you are making can be done in C2, here is a an example of one. https://www.scirra.com/construct2/games/cosmochoria

• yeah, I eventually got it to work

http://gamejolt.com/games/adrift/86556

I had to sacrifice some things when I decided to get switch to physics instead of platforming but it works

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)