How can I make a Bubble Bobble-like Enemy AI?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Give Sound to the enemies that are part of your game! :)
  • Hello All,

I am trying to make a Bubble Bobble-like enemy AI for my game. See this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQlDAcgn9pk) for an example. I am trying to make my AI like the Wind-Up things (AKA Bubble Busters). I have seen this post (https://www.scirra.com/forum/bubble-bobble-blitz_t60342) but the download link doesn't appear to work. Thank you all in advanced.

~Liam O'Flynn

Edit: I don't know what I was thinking, I meant AI instead of AL

• bump?

• The easiest way would be using the platforming behaviour on those ennemies, and control their jump depending on the fact there is no ground in front of them (using for exemple the overllaping at offest behavior, just an idea, not the only one nor best one), if they bump of a wall, make them go to the other direction, and sometimes, make them stop in place, then jump, and reitering the movement when they it land.

• Aphrodite

Thank you,

Forgive me if this is a complete noob question, but I'm a bit new to Construct 2. How would I use the overlapping at offset behavior?

Thanks,

Liam O'Flynn

• I made a basic enemy platform AI capx for my blog - HERE

• Minor

Thank you, but I was looking more for an AI based off of the enemies in bubble bobble.

• Fair enough but the capx shows how to use "overlapping at offset".

• Minor

Sorry, I didn't see the overlapping at offset part. Thank you very much.

• Aphrodite

One more noob question: how would I achieve the 'sometimes make them stop in place and jump behavior' for multiple enemies?

• Aphrodite

One more noob question: how would I achieve the 'sometimes make them stop in place and jump behavior' for multiple enemies?

I would use the timer behavior I think, to make it trigger a condition after a certain time, to do this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Aphrodite

> One more noob question: how would I achieve the 'sometimes make them stop in place and jump behavior' for multiple enemies?

>

I would use the timer behavior I think, to make it trigger a condition after a certain time, to do this.

Thank you, This brings up two problems though:

1) The timer is exactly the same for every one of my enemy's instances. I want them to each jump at random times.

2) For some reason, my enemy's refuse to jump when I call Simulate platform pressing jump.

Here is my code:

Best regards,

Liam O'Flynn

• bump?

• Quick example of how to set different timers for an enemy to control jumping.

[attachment=0:29svcvtb][/attachment:29svcvtb]

• Minor

I added the code from your capx into my project, but although it worked in your capx it didn't seem to change anything in mine. I have uploaded the capx at dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/132034306/game.capx (Note: I cannot upload it directly, the size (3 MB) exceeds the max size (2 MB)).

Best Regards,

Liam O'Flynn

• I've made a few changes that might help.

I've made "dir" a local variable to the "eye" you used a global variable which meant all the eyes moved the same direction, changed at exactly the same time whenever the global variable changed. Now I think they look better, looks like they don't all share the same brain .

DOWNLOAD

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)