Help with creating Light and dark environments

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hey All! name's Kayvan and I'm new to C2

I'm already happy with all the effects at my disposal. it really triggers the creativity and imagination!

I wasn't such a fan of Pixel art games but after playing the Jasper Byrne's survivor horror, I don't know, I'm a little inspired!

Since I'm a huge fan of survivor horror games I decided to put my newly written story into use.

I used C2 to create a prototype and my main concern is dynamic lighting and Dark environments. the Ghost Shooter rain demo gave me an idea (and just an idea!) Lighting demo was good too. but I didn't want a pitch black environment, rather, a dark environment where visuals are weak. This is what I got so far:

it's working but not quite there yet! I'm using contrast effect to create darkness! The problem is while contrast is making everything darker and the flashlight is lighting things up. the flashlight itself will also get darker, while it has to get brighter as its environment gets darker!

I don't think the pictures are illustrating it as much! aside from that, I don't think this is the way to go. The flashlight doesn't appear to have a bright source and all that renders it pretty much unnecessary. I'd really appreciate it if you could give me a hint or suggestion. that's all I ask for.

Thanks in advance everyone!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)