Help with CordovaGame and CordovaiAP

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • >

> Its the way intel xdk compiles your file. When installed it also installs a browser with your game which adds in the extra file size where as cocoon only relies on its canvas.

>

> Yeah, kinda meed that browser.

> I was thinking about going to cocoon, hate paying that much just to get rid of a splash screen though.

>

In Cocoon you can choose to use WebView+ instead of Canvas+. When you build with WebView+ Cocoon includes a whole browser when it builds your game, it's bascially Cocoon's version of the Crosswalk browser that XDK includes when it builds your game (so I've been told). When I was using Cocoon a couple months back, I got very similar performance with Cocoon (WebView+) as with XDK (Crosswalk). Files sizes are similar too.

And if you use WebView+ Cocoon doesn't brand your game, they only put in their splash if you use Canvas+ (pretty sure im right about that... the whole time I was testing with Cocoon (WebView+) I never had their splash screen show in my game..

> ....As much as I like intel xdk for ios builds i perfer cocoon for android builds just wish there was a working ad plugin for it

>

I was able to get Cranberry's Chartboost plugin working with Cocoon and XDK. That was one plugin that didnt seem to give any problems..

Appodeal is another possibility. I had that working with XDK, but I can't remember if I had it on Cocoon as well. Appodeal has a dedicated plugin for C2 which is supposed to work with Android and iOS, and its apparently good for revenue. In the end I settled for Chartboost because it was working with no bugs.

Hi

the chartboost plugin is indeed working fine, however it conflicts with the Cordova Analytics plugin at the moment (but the Analytics plugin isn't working at all).

I made a free capx file for that. You can download it here

https://shatter-box.com/forums/topic/43 ... -template/

The appodeal plugin by cranberrygame isn't working. It causes build errors on cocoon. The original appodeal plugin by Appodeal is working, but it conflicts with many other plugins like the Cocoon AdMob and Chartboost plugin. If you just want to use appodeal, it's an option. But then use the original plugin.

Inapp

You find examples on my side.

https://shatter-box.com/download/

Regards

Andy

• >

> >

> > Its the way intel xdk compiles your file. When installed it also installs a browser with your game which adds in the extra file size where as cocoon only relies on its canvas.

> >

>

> > Yeah, kinda meed that browser.

> > I was thinking about going to cocoon, hate paying that much just to get rid of a splash screen though.

> >

> In Cocoon you can choose to use WebView+ instead of Canvas+. When you build with WebView+ Cocoon includes a whole browser when it builds your game, it's bascially Cocoon's version of the Crosswalk browser that XDK includes when it builds your game (so I've been told). When I was using Cocoon a couple months back, I got very similar performance with Cocoon (WebView+) as with XDK (Crosswalk). Files sizes are similar too.

> And if you use WebView+ Cocoon doesn't brand your game, they only put in their splash if you use Canvas+ (pretty sure im right about that... the whole time I was testing with Cocoon (WebView+) I never had their splash screen show in my game..

>

>

> > ....As much as I like intel xdk for ios builds i perfer cocoon for android builds just wish there was a working ad plugin for it

> >

> I was able to get Cranberry's Chartboost plugin working with Cocoon and XDK. That was one plugin that didnt seem to give any problems..

> Appodeal is another possibility. I had that working with XDK, but I can't remember if I had it on Cocoon as well. Appodeal has a dedicated plugin for C2 which is supposed to work with Android and iOS, and its apparently good for revenue. In the end I settled for Chartboost because it was working with no bugs.

>

Hi

the chartboost plugin is indeed working fine, however it conflicts with the Cordova Analytics plugin at the moment (but the Analytics plugin isn't working at all).

The appodeal plugin by cranberrygame isn't working. It causes build errors on cocoon. The original appodeal plugin by Appodeal is working, but it conflicts with many other plugins like the Cocoon AdMob and Chartboost plugin. If you just want to use appodeal, it's an option. But then use the original plugin.

Inapp

Regards

Andy

Hmm may just use chartboost then for my ads for android ty for the info

• >

> Its the way intel xdk compiles your file. When installed it also installs a browser with your game which adds in the extra file size where as cocoon only relies on its canvas.

>

> Yeah, kinda meed that browser.

> I was thinking about going to cocoon, hate paying that much just to get rid of a splash screen though.

>

In Cocoon you can choose to use WebView+ instead of Canvas+. When you build with WebView+ Cocoon includes a whole browser when it builds your game, it's bascially Cocoon's version of the Crosswalk browser that XDK includes when it builds your game (so I've been told). When I was using Cocoon a couple months back, I got very similar performance with Cocoon (WebView+) as with XDK (Crosswalk). Files sizes are similar too.

And if you use WebView+ Cocoon doesn't brand your game, they only put in their splash if you use Canvas+ (pretty sure im right about that... the whole time I was testing with Cocoon (WebView+) I never had their splash screen show in my game..

> ....As much as I like intel xdk for ios builds i perfer cocoon for android builds just wish there was a working ad plugin for it

>

I was able to get Cranberry's Chartboost plugin working with Cocoon and XDK. That was one plugin that didnt seem to give any problems..

Appodeal is another possibility. I had that working with XDK, but I can't remember if I had it on Cocoon as well. Appodeal has a dedicated plugin for C2 which is supposed to work with Android and iOS, and its apparently good for revenue. In the end I settled for Chartboost because it was working with no bugs.

yea i was thinking of appodeal as well guess im a look into it. I feel the cocoon team should really update their cocoonads plugin for c2... its like really old... and outdated

• >

> >

> > Its the way intel xdk compiles your file. When installed it also installs a browser with your game which adds in the extra file size where as cocoon only relies on its canvas.

> >

>

> > Yeah, kinda meed that browser.

> > I was thinking about going to cocoon, hate paying that much just to get rid of a splash screen though.

> >

> In Cocoon you can choose to use WebView+ instead of Canvas+. When you build with WebView+ Cocoon includes a whole browser when it builds your game, it's bascially Cocoon's version of the Crosswalk browser that XDK includes when it builds your game (so I've been told). When I was using Cocoon a couple months back, I got very similar performance with Cocoon (WebView+) as with XDK (Crosswalk). Files sizes are similar too.

> And if you use WebView+ Cocoon doesn't brand your game, they only put in their splash if you use Canvas+ (pretty sure im right about that... the whole time I was testing with Cocoon (WebView+) I never had their splash screen show in my game..

>

>

> > ....As much as I like intel xdk for ios builds i perfer cocoon for android builds just wish there was a working ad plugin for it

> >

> I was able to get Cranberry's Chartboost plugin working with Cocoon and XDK. That was one plugin that didnt seem to give any problems..

> Appodeal is another possibility. I had that working with XDK, but I can't remember if I had it on Cocoon as well. Appodeal has a dedicated plugin for C2 which is supposed to work with Android and iOS, and its apparently good for revenue. In the end I settled for Chartboost because it was working with no bugs.

>

Hi

Inapp

Regards

Andy

I've gone and tested the appodeal plugin with cocoon.io and sadly had no success with ads running. Such a shame as I loved using cocoon for all my androids builds previously. I guess i will try to get a hold of the cocoon team and see if they can update their admob plugin

• any reason you dont want to use Chartboost with cocoon?

• It's the appodeal plugin which is causing the issue, not the Cocoon Admob plugin.

Regards

Andy

• any reason you dont want to use Chartboost with cocoon?

Does chartboost have banner ads? I couldnt find a plugin for banner ads for it

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's the appodeal plugin which is causing the issue, not the Cocoon Admob plugin.

Regards

Andy

Managed to get cocoonads, cranberrygames iap and the googleplay working fine now on android using canvas+ cocoon.io seems there was several issues with how cocoon.io was compiling the file so i just left the possible fixes for it under a tutorial since my problem wasnt related to this topic and in case i need to reference the fixes in the future

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/9402/h ... id-and-ios

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)