Help with CordovaGame and CordovaiAP

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Im using beta 240

As far as I can see I have everything setup in ItunesConnect the way it should be... I can't figure out why the offical GameCenter plugin wont work for me.

I guess Im going to switch to CordovaGame coz I cant see what else to try..

Not sure if this will help but these are all the pre-installed plugins by intel xdk. After you built your ios app did you download the ipa and use the mac utility tool to send it to itunes?

• Not sure if this will help but these are all the pre-installed plugins by intel xdk. After you built your ios app did you download the ipa and use the mac utility tool to send it to itunes?

Thanks for that, but I think all my plugins in XDK are in order.

Yes I use Application Loader on mac to get the ipa onto iTunesConnect.

• >

> Not sure if this will help but these are all the pre-installed plugins by intel xdk. After you built your ios app did you download the ipa and use the mac utility tool to send it to itunes?

>

Thanks for that, but I think all my plugins in XDK are in order.

Yes I use Application Loader on mac to get the ipa onto iTunesConnect.

Yea the same way i do as well thats real weird on why its not working. The login should of prompted right on start of layout, i went through my event sheet and didnt come across any other triggers or actions i set for it otherwise. Hopefully the cranberry one works for you

• Hopefully the cranberry one works for you

Well, the CordovaGame plugin worked for GameCenter first try! So that's done.. although I still wish I knew what I was doing wrong with the official GameCenter plug.. oh well.

• Artpunk

So i added the google play ID to the cranberrygame plugin, but after trying to open the project in XDK it gives me this error message:

If i remove the plugin and continue wouldn't that remove it from the C2 project, or do i click on remove and then add the plugin in plugin management like you stated earlier?

• Artpunk

So I added the 3rd party plugin following your directions--

-In XDK you also need to add the CordovaPlay plugin.

So in XDK > Plugin Management > Add 3rd party plugin > select 'git repo' > enter:

https: //github.com/cranberrygame/cordov-plugin-game.git

AND in the variable field for APP_ID, you need to enter the same APP ID you got from Google Play Services above.

(i added the space before the // so it could be seen entirely)

i tried twice to add the plugin. Also, going back and exporting my game twice, taking the time to check everything and making sure it's correct.

I am still getting the message:

I can see i have the other plugins:

Cordova AdMob

Cordova IAP

Along with:

Device

StatusBar

But no Cordova Game Plugin. Don't know what's going on. Frustrating.

• Hi jeffige

The process for adding the CordovaGame plugin to you game is:

In Construct2 add the plugin to your project. In the 'Properties' add the Android App ID number (get this from GooglePlay dev console)

In XDK Do the steps:

-Go to Plugin management > Add third party plugin > 'git repo' > enter: https: //github.com/cranberrygame/cordov-plugin-game.git

And, still in XDK, you need to add the Android App ID (Same number you used above) in the variable field for APP_ID.

To access that variable field you may need to click the 'edit' icon for the 'Cordova Game plugin'. Where it says 'Change version or variables'.

It looks like this is the step you are missing... you need to add the Android App ID to the plugin in XDK..

• Hi jeffige

The process for adding the CordovaGame plugin to you game is:

In Construct2 add the plugin to your project. In the 'Properties' add the Android App ID number (get this from GooglePlay dev console)

In XDK Do the steps:

-Go to Plugin management > Add third party plugin > 'git repo' > enter: https: //github.com/cranberrygame/cordov-plugin-game.git

And, still in XDK, you need to add the Android App ID (Same number you used above) in the variable field for APP_ID.

To access that variable field you may need to click the 'edit' icon for the 'Cordova Game plugin'. Where it says 'Change version or variables'.

It looks like this is the step you are missing... you need to add the Android App ID to the plugin in XDK..

So Artpunk i can export the game from C2, build with Intel XDK and download the Arm onto my phone.

My problem is (from my other posts - getting a white screen flash before my splashscreen) i do not have ANY plugins showing under plugin management. Nadda. Zilch. 0.

Before i could see the core plugins from cordova. And after i added the cranberrygame plugins, i could see those. Now it's empty. When i click on the + on plugin management it drops down to show "Add plugins to this Project". Even if i add Third-Party plugins it shows nothing after.

Tried removing app from Intel, uninstalling Intel XDk and re-installing, but nothing. I don't have any clue what's going on.

• So Artpunk i can export the game from C2, build with Intel XDK and download the Arm onto my phone.

My problem is (from my other posts - getting a white screen flash before my splashscreen) i do not have ANY plugins showing under plugin management. Nadda. Zilch. 0.

Before i could see the core plugins from cordova. And after i added the cranberrygame plugins, i could see those. Now it's empty. When i click on the + on plugin management it drops down to show "Add plugins to this Project". Even if i add Third-Party plugins it shows nothing after.

Tried removing app from Intel, uninstalling Intel XDk and re-installing, but nothing. I don't have any clue what's going on.

I'm not sure Jeffige, thats never happened to me..

For the entirety of my project I have only ever added plugins via the Plugin Manager in XDK and its worked well.

Have you done anything like, directly edit the code in the config.xml or other files or something?

Why dont you start an entirely new project in XDK. Import your Cordova project, and add all the plugins you want to use via the Plugin Manager. That's all I can suggest.

• So i was able to build and upload to google dev console, got the alpha test working on the play store.

Also got admob to show interstitials in my game on mobile....WOOHOO!

Now my problems are: google play game won't login, i get an error 4 or something. And when i touch the sprite that should take me to the store layout, game closes. I'm sure its my code, just have to try and find tutorials/examples on how implement this so i can test the IAP.

• So i was able to build and upload to google dev console, got the alpha test working on the play store.

Also got admob to show interstitials in my game on mobile....WOOHOO!

Now my problems are: google play game won't login, i get an error 4 or something. And when i touch the sprite that should take me to the store layout, game closes. I'm sure its my code, just have to try and find tutorials/examples on how implement this so i can test the IAP.

Congrats! Intel xdk is nice but im not a fan of the file size it creates for android devices. Trying to find a working admob plugin for cocoon.io since the cocoonads isnt working for me for some reason

• Sorry to hear that.

As far as size goes, in C2 it shows around 20mb, play store it shows around 27mb, installed...it varies for some reason. Even though its almost the exact same build, but it stays between 57mb - 64mb.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry to hear that.

As far as size goes, in C2 it shows around 20mb, play store it shows around 27mb, installed...it varies for some reason. Even though its almost the exact same build, but it stays between 57mb - 64mb.

Its the way intel xdk compiles your file. When installed it also installs a browser with your game which adds in the extra file size where as cocoon only relies on its canvas. As much as I like intel xdk for ios builds i perfer cocoon for android builds just wish there was a working ad plugin for it

• Yeah, kinda meed that browser.

I was thinking about going to cocoon, hate paying that much just to get rid of a splash screen though.

• Its the way intel xdk compiles your file. When installed it also installs a browser with your game which adds in the extra file size where as cocoon only relies on its canvas.

Yeah, kinda meed that browser.

I was thinking about going to cocoon, hate paying that much just to get rid of a splash screen though.

In Cocoon you can choose to use WebView+ instead of Canvas+. When you build with WebView+ Cocoon includes a whole browser when it builds your game, it's bascially Cocoon's version of the Crosswalk browser that XDK includes when it builds your game (so I've been told). When I was using Cocoon a couple months back, I got very similar performance with Cocoon (WebView+) as with XDK (Crosswalk). Files sizes are similar too.

And if you use WebView+ Cocoon doesn't brand your game, they only put in their splash if you use Canvas+ (pretty sure im right about that... the whole time I was testing with Cocoon (WebView+) I never had their splash screen show in my game..

....As much as I like intel xdk for ios builds i perfer cocoon for android builds just wish there was a working ad plugin for it

I was able to get Cranberry's Chartboost plugin working with Cocoon and XDK. That was one plugin that didnt seem to give any problems..

Appodeal is another possibility. I had that working with XDK, but I can't remember if I had it on Cocoon as well. Appodeal has a dedicated plugin for C2 which is supposed to work with Android and iOS, and its apparently good for revenue. In the end I settled for Chartboost because it was working with no bugs.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)