Help on conditions logic.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
100 items casual and logic games. All icons are of a high quality.
  • I have been working on my project for bit now and it has gotten a bit packed with all the things going on. I'm uncertain if what I am asking for help on are bugs or just poor logic on my half, so here goes.

1: I need help on properly understanding this little snippet.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80414762/conditionsHelp.png

What I want:

• When player overlaps zone
    • when zone is player's team's zone
    • when zone health > 0 (the zone still needs time before it can be captured)
    • when neutralEnemy is not overlapping zone
    • when teamEnemy is not overlapping zone

I have met these conditions over and over again although it may be in my method of execution.

I have been going over it over and over again, and I am fairly certain all of it is using AND logic, but the the resulting actions never play out.

Method 1:

Spawn no sprite but the player sprite.

Result, nothing.

note: I was the only sprite on the layout, others were destroy on start, so I don't know how that will play out on the last 2 conditions.

Method 2:

Spawn player sprite, and a handful of each other sprite. Then, kill off sprites in the zone I want to capture:

result, still nothing.

note: considering I have more than 1 zone littered about, the other sprites could still exists and overlap those others zones. Yet, there are not on the same zone as the one I myself am standing on.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • aznmonkeyboy i would advice to make a new capx with only the objects and events you need to test this case, if it still doesn't work, share the capx, its easier to help..

• vtrix

I've settled with a different solution for this case, but if you still want to help and know something about audio here, I have another situation brewing and my speakers hate it.

You can find that problem here:

scirra.com/forum/topic70597_post434345.html

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)