HELP - No one can see the background of my game

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I just uploaded my first game to the arcade: (I can't embed URL's apparently) The game is called Shade, it's right on top in the new games section of the arcade

I tested it on firefox and chrome, it works perfectly fine for me.

But anyone else trying to play can't see the background-image of the Game.

It's just black...

How can I fix this? I have no idea what might have gone wrong

EDIT: Ive tested the game myself on another laptop and the background DOES show on that one. So the game works fine on 2 computers, and the background is black on 2 others. I R Confuse

• Anyone?

• Looks fine? If you can see it then others can see it or they have issues on their side.

This is what I see.

• No idea why it doesnt work for them then

• Strange. It's all black for me.

• Strange. It's all black for me.

Seriously? That isn't good then, I can understand 1 or 2 but this isn't good then... it must be on users side, but what would the cause be?

I wonder if it has to do with latest chrome/firefox updates?

What else updated recently?

Using

chrome ver 34.0.1847.131

firefox 64bit nightly

SirBiest,

You got anything that could not show background based on monitor size or something? Any restrictions or requirements?

• It's not a monitor issue. After further testing, my mates can play the game on Internet Explorer, but not on Firefox or Chrome. So it does have something to do with those browsers it seems.

Who would have ever guessed that IE would beat Chrome and Firefox to anything huh

EDIT: I've set the game window to 854x480, a simple 16:9 resolution.

• It's not a monitor issue. After further testing, my mates can play the game on Internet Explorer, but not on Firefox or Chrome. So it does have something to do with those browsers it seems.

Who would have ever guessed that IE would beat Chrome and Firefox to anything huh

EDIT: I've set the game window to 854x480, a simple 16:9 resolution.

Both my chrome and firefox recently updated. I'm using latest versions respectively. And can't test older versions, need to be at office for that. Hope you figure it out. will follow, as that is something that needs an answer for

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Both my chrome and firefox recently updated. I'm using latest versions respectively. And can't test older versions, need to be at office for that. Hope you figure it out. will follow, as that is something that needs an answer for

It is a strange issue indeed.

• I always use firefox - currently latest ver 29 - and it doesn't show in that, but it does show correctly if I use Internet Explorer.

So at the moment, it rules out the GPU and points a finger at firefox, or one of it's plugins/addons.

I do see an error in console regarding texture size, but unknown if that's relevant at the mo.

• I always use firefox - currently latest ver 29 - and it doesn't show in that, but it does show correctly if I use Internet Explorer.

So at the moment, it rules out the GPU and points a finger at firefox, or one of it's plugins/addons.

I do see an error in console regarding texture size, but unknown if that's relevant at the mo.

I can see it in IE, Chrome, and firefox, so it is something specific to end user or a restriction within the game.

Its got to be something obvious. Friday night and been a long week, can't put a finger on it. Perhaps Ashley has an idea?

• I've put the game on a freehost website and my friends still had the same issue, so we can rule out the C2 Arcade as a possible cause as well.

The background is made with inkscape, so the fact that it is a vector-drawing might be a factor. However, in that case no graphics should be visible at all because I've made them all in inkscape.

• If you use any images over 2048x2048 (which the image editor should warn you about if you do), it will only display if the hardware supports it. That's only speculation though and it's impossible to say anything more certain unless you share the .capx.

• If you use any images over 2048x2048 (which the image editor should warn you about if you do), it will only display if the hardware supports it. That's only speculation though and it's impossible to say anything more certain unless you share the .capx.

the layout and background image size is: 8265, 586

so that would be the issue? The irregularity of the bug is the weird part though. If it was hardware, then this issue would show on every browser, right?

I'm fine with sharing the capx file if that would help you guys. How do I go about doing that?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)