Help me come with ideas of solution!

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm currently developing a iOS app, it's a quiz game.

Currently the plan is to update the quiz every week and I haven't come up with another way of updating the quiz than updating the app every week.

Is there a way to update the quiz remotely? Without having to create a new build?

I was thinking of using AJAX to get text from a file on a website, but it seems like kind of a hazzle. I'm looking for a easier way!

• How can simple pulling of external xml be a hassle?? That is the simplest solution one could imagine.

• Create a database and then every time user opens the quiz (or once per week, whatever), send a GET request and check new questions. Then save them into the game and voila, you have it.

(it may not be as easy as I wrote )

And every week or so add questions into the database.

• Create a database and then every time user opens the quiz (or once per week, whatever), send a GET request and check new questions. Then save them into the game and voila, you have it.

Yes, this is definitly the easiest solution.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

If I'm not wrong that's basically the same way as if I'd use my tactic (ajax)

I guess it's the best way to do this

• Is it possible to use AJAX and request a file but only output a certain part of it as text?

• Is it possible to use AJAX and request a file but only output a certain part of it as text?

I think it's the easiest way to send a kind of version with the GET Ajax request. On the server side, check that version and send the text that is new to the user.

That's only one of possible solutions, it may not be as easy as I wrote

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)