HELP! I have some questions.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi! I need some help...

I want to make a western shootout style game.

I need help with 3 mechanics.

1. I currently have 3 bullet sprites in the bottom left, symbolizing ammo. I have it so when you shoot 3 times, the bullets disappear, and a text box tells you to reload. when you press e the bullets reappear one by one. The problem is that when you are out of ammo, you can still shoot. How can I fix this??

2. To add more depth I want each player to be able to aim at 3 places, allowing for intense duels. How can I add this?

3. There will be a 2 player mode and an AI mode. How can I make the AI shoot randomly while following the player rules, and how can I make the AI aim for bullets that are coming at him?

Here is a drawing of the mechanics I want. I have no clue how to post my capx.

Thanks!!!

• 1. You need to make use of variables. When the bullets disappear you can set a boolean 'isEmpty' to true and set 'isEmpty' to false again when the bullets are full or you want the player to be able to shoot. Then on your shooting events you add a condition that you can only shoot when isEmpty is set to false.

2. Not sure exactly what you mean but you can make use of set angle which will set the angle of the bullets fired.

3. You'll need a some logic that chooses a random action that the player is also able to do. If you want them to react then you'll need some kind of trigger like put a detection sprite around the enemy, if a bullet crosses that area then they will do a thing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1. You need to make use of variables. When the bullets disappear you can set a boolean 'isEmpty' to true and set 'isEmpty' to false again when the bullets are full or you want the player to be able to shoot. Then on your shooting events you add a condition that you can only shoot when isEmpty is set to false.

2. Not sure exactly what you mean but you can make use of set angle which will set the angle of the bullets fired.

3. You'll need a some logic that chooses a random action that the player is also able to do. If you want them to react then you'll need some kind of trigger like put a detection sprite around the enemy, if a bullet crosses that area then they will do a thing.

Thanks! worked perfectly

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)