Help getting WASD controls working

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Okay, so I have a fairly big project that I'm trying to get wasd controls working in for 8 direction movement. I know it's something in the project that's screwing it up because I can get wasd working in a brand new project just fine.

What I'm trying to do is have two sprites, one controlled with wasd, and the other controlled with the arrow keys. Like I said above, this is trivial to get working in a new project, but in my main project, I turn default controls off and set up the 4 "simulate controls" events and the Sprite just sits there, ignoring the wasd, and obviously the arrow keys as well, since I've turned off default controls for it. For clarification, I cannot get wasd controls working for any Sprite in my project, not just that one

Obviously, debugging large projects is hard, so I'm not asking you guys to solve my problem for me, I'd just like to know what sorts of things I should be looking for. What sort of other things in the project could be messing up wasd movement?

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated, this is super frustrating

• Share the capx and I'll take a look at it...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry for the noob question but which capx? I see two, plus the caproj.

• Hey tankhedgehog,

In general there's just one capx. That's the file you open every time you work on the project.

Sometimes you may have an autosave, which will be named projectfilename.autosave.capx, or a backup, projectfilename.bak.capx.

I want the one which is not an autosave nor a backup. If there's more than one, send both.

• you sure you assigned the WASD keys for the right sprite?

it should work no matter what event u already have in C2 the WASD will overwrite the movement or other events if its placed at bottom of C2 eventsheet.

• Okay, here's the capx.

drive. google . com /file/d/0B8RidAqpouxgS05tMlY0VlZ3QlU/view?usp=sharing (Delete spaces in the link)

I want the sprite "Dungeonmaster" to have WASD controls and the sprite "Camera" to have arrow key movement. Thanks for taking a look at it.

Currently, the WASD events are on the "Dungeon Master" Event Page. Of course, if you notice any other problems, please let me know, this is my first time using Construct so I'm sure it's riddled with mistakes an inefficiency XD

• Okay, so I have a fairly big project that I'm trying to get wasd controls working in for 8 direction movement. I know it's something in the project that's screwing it up because I can get wasd working in a brand new project just fine.

You forgot to include the "Dungeon Master" event sheet in the "Dungeon sheet" list of included event sheets. Add it and WASD should work.

• > Okay, so I have a fairly big project that I'm trying to get wasd controls working in for 8 direction movement. I know it's something in the project that's screwing it up because I can get wasd working in a brand new project just fine.

>

You forgot to include the "Dungeon Master" event sheet in the "Dungeon sheet" list of included event sheets. Add it and WASD should work.

omg, I'm so dumb, thank you

• omg, I'm so dumb, thank you

No problem, happy to help! This has happened to me sometimes as well

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)