Help bouncing object using Bullet Behaviors

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm having trouble creating a smooth bounce using bullet behaviors. I can make the sprite bounce, but it's very abrupt and it's not exactly how I want it to look. I would like to find a way to make it ease in and out better. I'm using bullet behaviors because I'd like to avoid using physics, if all possible.

Here's the file I'm working on.

BulletBounce

Does any have any ideas to help me along?

• a fast way to do it and a simple one test it out

i changed your code a bit and added solid on crates and played with acceleration and bullet gravity

HERE

• Fidasx

Thank you. That works great for the bounce, but I can't use the solid behavior because of what I have planned for the player. The player can't be obstructed by the solid crates. I tried toggling the solid behavior on and off for when the player overlaps the crate, but then if the player is overlapping the crate and the solid behavior is disabled, the rock doesn't bounce.

I searched the forums and manual and there doesn't seem to be a way to make solids conditional. If that option was available, this would be a great solution. I think my best option is to find a way to fake the bounce without solids and physics.

Sorry, forgot to mention the thing about solids in my initial post.

• You can disable the "bounce off solids" property and just use the bullet behavior's "bounce off object" action with an "on collision" condition. With that you can get the same effect as what Fidasx posted, only without solid.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • R0J0hound

Thank you. That works in the example I posted, but not in my actual game file. Hmmmm... Something must be conflicting with it, but now that I know it should work, I'll be able to figure it out.

Thanks again, Fidasx and R0Johound. I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)