Go to Next Layout

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hi Construct community,

This is my first forum post! I recently began using Construct 2 after using Multimedia Fusion 2 for about 2 years, and I am stuck. I'm trying to change to the next layout when the player collides with the yellow square. I've tried using a global variable, but when it changes layouts the ball will not move. I've searched other solutions on the forums but none are working... MMF2 had a simple "Go to next frame" event that made things so much easier.

I have the file in Dropbox but I'm not allowed to insert hyperlinks yet, so if someone could explain it in a fool-proof manner, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the help!

• select object on collision with yellow square system go to layout choose layout

• Use System > Go To Layout

• I did that, but the problem is that in Layout 2 it's still using the same rules of Layout 1, so it will just restart Layout 2.

The solution that works is making a unique event sheet for each layout and having a unique yellow square, but there's no way that could be efficient.

• And the ball physics don't work when the Layout changes...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm trying to change layouts with all the layouts using one event sheet. Is that even possible?

• Solved it, just cloned the yellow square. I guess I'll have 100 yellow squares for 100 levels.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)