Glitch in Platformer Teleporting

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Tweakable and easy to use effects for your projects.
  • Hi,

I have a small project where when the player falls off a cliff, is teleported back to where the player started.

After the teleport happens, the player sprite is gittery / glitchy and cannot be controlled. After maybe a second then control and behavior goes back to normal.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on? I've included an example project showing the behavior.

BTW. I did read in the manual for the Solid behavior that something like this can happen if the teleport happens inside the Solid object. But in my case I am teleporting the player above the solid object.

I've tried this on IE and Chrome. The gitteriness seems to be more noticeable on Chrome.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43473061/teleporting_issue.capx

Thank you!!!!

Ruth

• Take out the Wait and it's fine. Set the Y check for the Y co-ords you want instead of waiting 1 second.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, plinkie.

I didn't think that was part of the problem.

I'm hoping to have a momentary delay before I show that the player is back. How can I do this without introducing odd behavior? Set it to invisible, then wait a second, and then set back to visible?

• My idea seems to work. Sorry for not trying it beforehand but maybe this will be helpful to someone else. Thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)