Getting Errors when opening Project - File Location Changed

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
7 Errors
$15 USD
7 Errors is a game where you have to find the 7 mistakes before time runs out. Can you find all 7? Have fun looking.
  • Hello,

I am moving a project that I have been working on for some time from one PC to another. In the end the file path on the new PC is not the exact same as old PC and I am getting errors locating files. The project wants "c:\users\userid\desktop\folder" but I have different userids on the new PC and I do not want to have a specific userID created just so I can work in Construct 2.

Is there a way to change the file path outside of Construct 2 to get around this issue.

• Well, the easiest way is to probably change your user ID on the new computer long enough to open the project and resave it to a different file and then you can change back your user ID.

You could try copying the old file into a new file using the new computer user ID and see if that works.

If it opens on your old computer try exporting it directly to a USB file instead of saving and see if that works.

• Just tried and I get the same error. Come to think of it I have moved projects to various PCs in the past without issue. Maybe I am missing some files I am not remembering to move. Here is my error.

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

cannot find animation frame either in last_path or project location

Condition: FileExists(GetProjectPath().c_str())

File: Projects\AnimationFrame.cpp

Line: 239

Function: class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > __cdecl AnimationFrame::GetActivePath(void) const

Build: release 241 (64-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 3)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort Retry Ignore

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Think I got it. Found some more files on my old PC that I did not think needed to be copied for this exact project to work...but walaa...no errors now!

• Think I got it. Found some more files on my old PC that I did not think needed to be copied for this exact project to work...but walaa...no errors now!

Good- yup you had some missing files.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)