Game taking forever to start on mobile.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Not sure if this is a common issue. It's only affecting my game when I try to preview it on my mobile phone.

I have a start screen with a 'Start Game' option in the middle. When you click/touch that, it switches to the arcade layout and the game begins. Pretty standard stuff and it transitions immediately on PC, but on my mobile it takes a very long time - anywhere between 2 and 30 seconds, during which nothing appears to be happening.

Any ideas what's causing this and is there anything I can do to alleviate it? I tried putting a message up 'Please wait' while the transition is occuring but even that doesn't show, it just locks up for a while as soon as the button is hit.

• Which mobile device are you using?

Which tool are you using to export your project?

Can you post a .capx?

• I'm just previewing on Lan at the moment.

My mobile is a Nokia Lumia 620 (fairly slow phone).

Can't post a capx right now.

Is this simply due to the slowness of the machine? If it is, is there anything I can do? I don't mind if I can just do a 'Please wait' screen, but even that doesn't show up, it just seems to lock up for a few seconds.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The only thing I can recommend, with such little information, is to test another phone on it. If you have the same problem then you know its your capx. If the problem goes away, you know its your Lumia.

• I guess the question I'm asking is, is there any reason for slowness when switching between layouts? Is this known to occur on slow machines and are there solutions to it? I should say that starting on my arcade layout from the beginning causes no slowdowns, it loads and starts immediately and it's a very simple start-screen. All it does is 'Go to layout' when the button is hit.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)