Formula to get the predicted Y-Axis from the Platform Jump?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Complete game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hello, Does anyone know how to get the predicted Y-Axis gain from the Platform Behavior Jump?

I'll make it a math problem to make it tidy.

Given (On Jump):

InitalY = 0

FinalY = ?

MaxSpeed = 660

Acceleration = 1500

Deceleration = 1500

Jump Strength = 650

Gravity = 1500

Max Fall Speed = 1000

Jump Sustain = 0

I'm trying to find the Final Y-Axis. So guys can you give me the formula for this?

Another thing, do both gravity and deceleration affect jump? or only gravity?

Thanks.

I'll just insert some great people here for faster result:

glerikud

R0J0hound

zenox98

Kyatric

SoldjahBoy

saiyadjin

newt

rexrainbow

• Well we discussed it a little while ago in this topic :

turns out while C2 current formula (which will change and will solve the issue) isn't as accurate (it gives a slitghly higher and longer jump), you can use this to find a good ballpark value (later it will be almost perfect)

in your case

Jump Strength = 650

Gravity = 1500

so final Y = -H = -(JumpStrength^2)/(2*Gravity) = -140,8333...

Just tested it, gives around -143.54 with the current behavior, -140.90 with the "corrected one"

Also acceleration and deceleration only affect the X axis, JumpStrength, jump sustain and gravity affect the Y axis

I nevered bothered to calculate with jump sustain though...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well we discussed it a little while ago in this topic : viewtopic.php?f=146&t=180450

turns out while C2 current formula (which will change and will solve the issue) isn't as accurate (it gives a slitghly higher and longer jump), you can use this viewtopic.php?f=146&t=128434&p=905081#p905081 to find a good ballpark value (later it will be almost perfect)

I saw that topic. I thought it was referring to the Platform Behavior's Frame-rate Independence. I didn't know it was more than that.

It's okay it doesn't matter to me even if the accuracy is off by +-25.

> JumpStrength = T*Gravity
    JumpStrength = sqrt(2*H*Gravity)
    JumpStregth = 2*H/T

Gravity = JumpStrength/T
    Gravity = (JumpStrength^2)/(2*H)
    Gravity = 2*H/(T^2)

T = JumpStrength/Gravity
    T = 2*H/JumpStrength
    T = sqrt(2*H/Gravity)

H = (JumpStrength^2)/(2*Gravity)
    H = JumpStregth*T/2
    H = Gravity*(T^2)/2
    [/code:2w7ew3ir]

Wow these formulas were the ones I was looking for. Thank you very much! You were a big help.

• I saw that topic. I thought it was referring to the Platform Behavior's Frame-rate Independence. I didn't know it was more than that.

It was a topic about pixel perfect jumping no matter the framerate but it turned into a topic about maths not being correct in C2.

Wow these formulas were the ones I was looking for. Thank you very much! You were a big help.

Glad those could help someone ^-^.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)