Fluid Movements

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi

I am working on a game for bike racing.. The prototype looks like this: dl.dropbox.com/u/34414220/roller%20racing%202.m4v

The problem we are having is that because we are using the physics behavior, this doesn't play well with DT and across browsers. As a result, depending on the browser you are using and the PC/Laptop, the riders do not react in the same way.. The frame rates ruin the game play.

So the solution we are tossing about now is to not use physics behavior and instead move the riders "by hand", or manually.

What we liked about the physics behavior, is that is gave the riders a smooth feel. They weren't jerky.. They didn't stop suddenly. They slowed down in a realistic manner.

Is there a way to reproduce this feel/behavior without using the physics module ?

Thanks !

J

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How you move your bike? by clicking?

you can reproduce movements without any behavior, by just updating their own X and Y.

If so, just make a instance variable for the player bike and then check how click by second the user is doing. Add it to a math to multiply the mouse count by the dt and divided by the time_count (you can use the time_count of the canvas or make another instance variable, where will be updated every second, for example).

You can make it by many ways.

If you still needing help, and I think you'll earn something with it, please, read this talk: scirra.com/tutorials/361/understanding-uid-iid-health-of-enemies-and-rocket-smoke-trail

Plus, if you still needing help, place a CAPX with the minimal code and objects here and We can make the deal for you.

• I should have been a little more specific. The bikes are being moved by data coming from a server. Once the race has started, there's no actual user intervention..

Thanks for the tips.. I appreciate it.

J

• I should have been a little more specific. The bikes are being moved by data coming from a server. Once the race has started, there's no actual user intervention..

Thanks for the tips.. I appreciate it.

J

here is the CAPX with a explanation.

dropbox.com/s/a6x3qw6owz3se07/bike_simulator.capx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)