Flipping particles?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • This time I got a quite simple question. How do I flip particles when character is mirrored? I tried turning the particle 180 degrees instantly after it is spawned, but it doesn't seem to work.

There isn't any mirroring actions so I belive mirroring the effect and its graphics isn't an option. That doesn't matter because I just want the effect to turn around and move into opposite direction.

• If you use "Spawn another object" on your character sprite, and not "System -> Create object", the particles spawned should be spawned with the character's angle.

• Sounds alright, but I'm not using angles for my character. Only mirroring and animated transitions.

• Ah, sorry, I see. You should put an event right after the particle is spawned:

Character is mirrored:
    -> Set Particle angle to: Character.Angle-180

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's what I tried. It turned the angle of the particle, but the graphic itself didn't turn around. I mean, the particle is shooting these sort of arrows/waves and I want the to turn around as player is mirrored.

I did it the "dirty" way and made another particle system with mirrored graphics. This is actually something that should be added to your to-do list :O

• Did you use "Set bullet angle"? Try "Set angle" instead.

• Example capx (made in r93)

• i think he means that the particle graphics dont rotate with the angle and that is true, the particle-flow rotates with angle not the graphic,

arrows are a good example, when spawning, they will always be in the same direction, there is no rotationcontrol on the particles

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)