Feasibility of making sprite-generator

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • Hello all,

I was curious about something: would I be able to use Construct 2 to create a sprite generator?

Basically what I would want is this:

When you open the program, you are given the choice between male or female templates. Upon selecting whichever, it shows the template. Then you can select from a range of clothing, hair, accessory items and so forth to essentially 'dress' the template (these would just be 2D pieces of art layered over the template) I am pretty sure all of this stuff is relatively easy thus far. Now, what I am NOT sure would be possible, is being able to then output the template into a usable .png file, so you could then take the created sprite and use it.

Further, say that after all of this is finished and works and then I later wanted to add additional templates, clothing, hair, etc, would it be possible to expand this with sort of 'add-ons' at a later date?

Any thoughts/suggestions/comments are welcome!

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's possible. You are going to upload the sprite generator at a website. Just remember to save the project file, so you can make updates n' stuff to it, and then just upload it to a website again.

It's actually pretty easy to make, but about saving the file, i have no idea.. maybe a plugin or something. Or the user cut take a screenshot :/

Overall, its possible.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)