Exporting as phonegap

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I'm trying to export a project as phonegap to preview the app in iOS as native app. Since i've been trying to export it again lots of time changing the project properties to see if anything change but i'm being unsuccessful. The app, after a short time, closes itself returning me to the home screen of iphone. Could someone tell me how to get over this problem or how to export to phonegap properly? By the way i followed this topic (which is outdated)https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/71/how-to-make-native-phone-apps-with-construct-2-and-phonegap. Thanks.

• It's hard to guess why it might not be working for you without looking at a capx to see if it's something obvious (not that I can think of why that might be). Are you tinkering with the config.xml file at all?

If you are an amateur like me then I suggest having a good read through the phonegap build documentation and I posted some settings I found in other forums on this thread which might be of help. If your game has a lot of graphics or demanding plugins then it's possible that phonegap simply can't cope.

Post a capx if you get stuck - I can't think of anything else to suggest.

• Thanks for the reply. Somehow i changed the first layout on project properties and it worked, not as expected but the return to home screen bug didn't happen again. Now the screen is unaligned, even though i'm using the iphone 4 screen size on the project. The FPS are running low, but i don't know if it is a phonegap performance issue, the project itself has 1.6Mb and is kinda simple.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Mmmm, I don't know what might cause that. Phonegap is definitely slow though. Might be a zoom inner scale or a parallax error.

• I think too, but it is easy to solve. Something that i really can't understand is why the letterbox integer scale isn't working, but that's not a big problem. Anyway, thanks dude =].

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)