Export Doesn't Work on Chrome

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • I exported my project for the first time last night and when I run it in Chrome it just has a black screen and never starts. The strange thing is that I have been doing all my previews in Chrome and it was working fine. However, if I run the exported game in Internet Explorer it works fine. I even ran in Firefox and, aside from one tiny issue, it ran there as well. Any ideas why the export doesn't work in Chrome?

• In Chrome, press F12 on your keyboard to open the developer toolbar and select the Console tab - Are you getting any errors?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, I am getting the following:

Viewport target-densitydpi is not supported. index.html:9

Failed to load resource file://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js

Uncaught Error: SecurityError: DOM Exception 18 c2runtime.js:1730

Btw, how do I suscribe to forums here so that I get notification of replies? I can't find that anywhere.

• Are you hosting on Dropbox? They're having hosting problems at the moment. Try a different host like Google Drive.

• I was just trying to run the exported game locally on my machine. I wasn't hosting it anywhere at all.

• C2 games are not built to run without a host server. If index.html runs at all without a host. I'm going to guess that your FF and IE is set to allow unsafe code execution. If you want to run unsafe Chrome there might be an option for that.

However, C2 games aren't built to run locally. They are built to be served by a web server.

• If you run from disk, didn't an error message pop up saying you can't run projects from disk and that you need to upload it first?

You can run projects from disk using the node-webkit exporter, but the HTML5 export requires a server.

• No, I never received any errors saying I can't run projects from disk. I actually have run the project on Safari, Firefox, and IE, but not Chrome. Other browsers don't seem to care that it's not hosted somewhere. Anyway, I suppose I'll just upload it to my website and try it there.

Does anyone know how to get notifications of replies from this forum?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)