Enemy Wave Formations

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Give Sound to the enemies that are part of your game! :)
  • For a top down shooting game, how do i do different enemy wave formations/styles. Like i would have 1 type formation spawn a bunch of random enemies that go top to bottom, and another that spawns them in military formation, or another that has a few enemies revolving around a central object while moving top to bottom.

anything on this? Thanks!

• How id do it is, you could create either a single sprite, drop and arrange it in the formations you would like off-screen and for each of that sprite you could spawn an enemy. For you different waves you could rearrange these images.

Or a single large sprite (for each formation) with multiple image points.

• Interesting idea, but I'm not sure I'd have Full control over individual enemies that way. That would be good for a space invader formation though!

• bscarl88 you can also use Activate/Deactivate your waves

• karlmahmen like deactivate groups? I can see that I'm more ending the best way to program the different groups and their formation designs. Like an array fit the positioning or something?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Combine relative values and functions (one function for each formation/style).

Make sure, the sprite instances are clearly seperated by setting a instance variable.

By relative I mean to not work with absolute values for the sprite instances, but relatives to the concerned instances plus a general offset that is applied to all of them.

The functions then should pick only those matching the IV.

• tulamide   hmmmmmm not quite catching on to that haha thanks for the response though! Sorry about my terrible logic skills :/

• you could use an array to store the soldier formation, and use a loop to create them.

for the random one check the Rain demo (it's already included, open New Template)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)