edit global variable using Execute javascript action(SOLVED)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • Aphrodite

I really would prefer the method that you mentioned since it seems to be the most cleanest way of doing what I'm trying to accomplish. But it seems I can't call the function on C2 using the execute javascript(), or I think I'm doing it wrong, which is probably the case if it is possible.

Here's an image of what I just tried:

deadlink[/img]

EDIT***** I did put a semicolon in the execute javascript command for the function, I foregot to update image.

I think this is what the function is doing:

does a function call to receive two functions, "success and failure" which is linked to two buttons in the sdk ("yes button" and "no button". When yes is clicked it does a call to the success function. The same success function sent to the fgl.inApp.initiateUnlockFunction(). When no is clicked it does a call to the failure function.

Here's the pseudo:

fgl.inApp.initiateUnlockFunction(function onSuccess,function onFailure)

R0J0hound

It does work in general but I can't seem to get it working with fgl's function calls. Could be due to my lack of javascript knowledge. Which wasn't that great to begin with.

deadlink[/img]

Is it not working because it can't find this.premium? since it was executing from fgl's sdk? I could post the error I get from google chrome from both examples, if it helps anyone understand the problem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Aphrodite

I really would prefer the method that you mentioned since it seems to be the most cleanest way of doing what I'm trying to accomplish. But it seems I can't call the function on C2 using the execute javascript(), or I think I'm doing it wrong, which is probably the case if it is possible.

EDIT***** I did put a semicolon in the execute javascript command for the function, I foregot to update image.

I think this is what the function is doing:

does a function call to receive two functions, "success and failure" which is linked to two buttons in the sdk ("yes button" and "no button". When yes is clicked it does a call to the success function. The same success function sent to the fgl.inApp.initiateUnlockFunction(). When no is clicked it does a call to the failure function.

Here's the pseudo:

fgl.inApp.initiateUnlockFunction(function onSuccess,function onFailure)

R0J0hound

It does work in general but I can't seem to get it working with fgl's function calls. Could be due to my lack of javascript knowledge. Which wasn't that great to begin with.

Is it not working because it can't find this.premium? since it was executing from fgl's sdk? I could post the error I get from google chrome from both examples, if it helps anyone understand the problem.

I am wrong I think concerning the function calling, It doesn t seems to be as easy as that(we would have to know if it is possible to call a function in execute javascript), but I still think that if it is possible, it would be the best way to do it (it could help in that kind of case when people have to use a execute javascript for the API)

Sadly I don t know how to do this

• Aphrodite

"Sadly I don t know how to do this"

That's alright, I appreciate the input though. I'm trying to edit the javascript variable through a function in the script tag, hopefully that works.

• Got it working using a script tag so this thread can die peacefully. I appreciate all the help and suggestions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)