Dynamic Jumping by releasing Jump Key

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hey Community.

I wanted to ask, if someone has any idea, on how to "cancel" the current jump animation, and let the player figure fall down again.

I tried to set the jump strenght on "press jump key" to the normal strength, and on "realease jump key" to 0 strength, but it did not affect the

current jump.

My current Configuration for jumping and movement.

For example, the jump strenght is 450px, but the spikes require him to move through them, which is not possible, since the initial jump cant be canceled.

Thank you for any answers, and i will gladly help further in explaining my problem, if it was unclear.

• Instead changing the jump strength to 0, you should set vector Y to 0

• Instead changing the jump strength to 0, you should set vector Y to 0

Holy damn, I might have overthought the problem way too much.

Thank you very very much for solving this problem for me, have a cookie

• You're welcome!!!

And thanks for the cookie! Haha

• I usually set Vector Y to a percentage of its original value. (something like: "Set VectorY to VectorY * 0.2")

It's less tight, but I think it's more natural... It really depends on the dynamics of your game.

• I usually set Vector Y to a percentage of its original value. (something like: "Set VectorY to VectorY * 0.2")

It's less tight, but I think it's more natural... It really depends on the dynamics of your game.

How exactly do i use the "*x" function there ?

If i just try to put it in there, i get this result:

***Edit***

Ok, thought of it, and got the result

It feels much more smooth now.

This forum is really awesome, thank you guys

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yay! Glad you liked it!

• I tried searching through tutorials and found nothing. You guys have solved my problem for me Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)