Double touch based jump

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Advanced inventory mechanics for your RPG game (Array-based). Take Items, split them, pick up them, read the description
  • Hi,

I am trying to implement jump behaviour for a platformer with touch.

Instead of having a HUD, I'd like the user to simply double tap on left half of the screen to jump left or right half to jump right.

Currently I have player left/right moving working the same way with user touching either left/right half of screen... but I dont see a event like "is double touching/multiple touching".

Anyone got around this?

Looking for pointers.

Thank you :)

• Maybe use a global variable that is incremented each time a touch is detected and reset the variable to 0 every half second.

If the variable is greater than or equal to 2 then it's a double touch.

Example: dl.dropbox.com/u/90589590/DoubleTapJump.capx (r105)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow I was thinking on similar lines headbanging yesterday.

But looking at the touch count, it looked like touch starts counting from the first touch and I was wondering how I'd classify something as double touch.

Was thinking of having a variable that will record time between each touch and compare touch n and touch (n-1) .. although I still don't know if I can pull time in secs or unixtime into a variable.

Too complex eh :)

So the magic is "reset the variable to 0 every half second."

Thank you OddConfection

Btw, any use of why the touch gets counted and are we actually breaking something internally if we reset it? Ashley?

May be I should assign the value to another variable and use that.

• OddConfection

Thanks a ton for the example mate. :)

• They should put this at the top of the Scirra website...

"When in doubt, use global variables."

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)