Does Every X second reset when Changing layout?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Simplistic hyper-casual game with nature elements. Tap to switch between the 4 elements and reach a better score.
  • Hello,

I have a game where some items are spawned Every X second in Game Layout so there is equal distance between certain moving objects, I also have Menu Layout.

So when I go to Menu Layout and Return to Game Layout, some time I get first Spawning at wrong times, it looks as though Layout is remembering last Every X second time and finishing it for first spawning.

I'm trying to debug if some of my other conditions are messing with it, but I wanted to confirm how Every X Seconds worked

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No it doesn't reset. It's based on the game timer that starts when the game starts.

• How do I stop it I have a similar problem. When my player dies the clock keeps counting so when I play another round I have 30 spawns already on the board when it should start with none and get harder.

Is there a way to make every X Second reset to "0" each time you start that layout?

Sorry to cut in,

Thanks

• ALLMarkMade

just use a variable instead of the every x seconds trigger.

EDIT: or play around with the "Timer" behaviour.

• Thank you for your response, but I have played with the variables and I just can't figure out how to make it work. I'm still learning and I don't mind putting in the work but I'm going in circles trying to figure this out.

Can you please better explain to me how to do that?

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)