Do you know the profits in a games?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • Hi,

Do you know the profits in a games?

Is for download? how mach for each?

other way to earn money with the game?

thanks

regards

• Do you know the profits in a games?

Multi Billion Dollar Industry - huge profits

$0 to couple hundred dollars

Licensing, Advertising, Owning, Playing, Renting, etc etc etc

5% of game makers make big bucks.

95% of game makers starve.

• Billion dollar industry which has bankruptcies strewn all over the landscape.

This industry is a money pit.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This industry is a money pit.

Which industry isn't

• Do you know the profits in a games?

Multi Billion Dollar Industry - huge profits

$0 to couple hundred dollars

Licensing, Advertising, Owning, Playing, Renting, etc etc etc

5% of game makers make big bucks.

95% of game makers starve.

DUTOIT , I dont understand, If game industry is a multi billion dollar industry, how 95% of game developers starve so then comes the question: is there hope for new game developer who is seeking for making games as making living?

• Making Games is kinda like making art,or making music,I even compare it to making food.

There will always be someone who will download your game.People look for new things to enjoy everyday and to say 95% of gamemakers starve is alittle farfetched. I know many of people who never brought a game to any market but still make money from other aspects of the industry.

The money isnt just made from the Marketplace,money is made through coding,through the artwork,and an array of other ways.

Just make sure you do your research and study the market and the competition if you plan on trying to sell to the masses.

Set your goals low at first and build on that.

Its not 100% that you will become rich but the chances are higher than you making a platinum CD like Jay Z 10 times over.

Times have changed and we are now in the Era Of The Indie Developers.More and more Million dollar companys are running to indie devs because money gets you alot of things but Creativity is one thing you can not buy.

but enough of me going on and on.Take a chance and try to fullfil your dream.I hope to see all your names in the credits of a major games! Good Luck

• Im agree with Dutoit, maybe a little exaggerated in the % starve.

There is also people who earn enough for living maybe little more maybe less.

the piramid could be 5% rich.... 20% enough for livinng 75% starve... i just added a % for people who earn enough money to live that is more % than rich % but less % than starving.

The main idea Dutoit want to say is... very very low % rich people and huge % starve people.

• Im agree with Dutoit, maybe a little exaggerated in the % starve.

There is also people who earn enough for living maybe little more maybe less.

the piramid could be 5% rich.... 20% enough for livinng 75% starve... i just added a % for people who earn enough money to live that is more % than rich % but less % than starving.

The main idea Dutoit want to say is... very very low % rich people and huge % starve people.

Katzin - Thanks for clearing that up

95% have more month than their wallets can accomodate. This applies to all of us

Only 5% are truly profitable - make sense?

• yeah im one of the 95%, im negative, if it wasn't because i do other things i coudn't pay the elecricity.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)