digging game stalled :(

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hi

Still struggling to find anyway of making a dirt digging game that does not use huge amounts of cpu and memory.......If anyone can help it would be great ...im a noob so keep it simple please..im not sure if construct 2 can do it but it looks like flash can ?.

if you Google dig dig dig by blurry code................you should get the page

PS i would have posted a link but they wont let me .

• Hi

Still struggling to find anyway of making a dirt digging game that does not use huge amounts of cpu and memory.......If anyone can help it would be great ...im a noob so keep it simple please..im not sure if construct 2 can do it but it looks like flash can ?.

if you Google dig dig dig by blurry code................you should get the page

PS i would have posted a link but they wont let me .

Posting your .capx would probably allow you get a quicker, more helpful response.

You can bypass the posting restriction by inserting a couple of spaces in the URL, i.e.

w(SPACE>ww.(SPACE>mywebsite,com/maygame.capx[/code:d0ri82s0]
  • Thanks Zenox98

Im new here wasnt sure about bypassing but since it aint spam

ht tp ://1drv.ms/ 1Yc49hj

thanks for any help

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Using uncountable amounts of sprites isn't really a good option..

Haha, my tablet just froze typing that reaction, because I was trying to play your game through debugger..

I've seen some examples on this forum of digging games, all using different techniques..

One started with bigger sprites only made smaller on collison when needed, which was pretty nifty..

I think that was before the tilemap-object was added to Construct..

I would suggest using that instead of the huge amount of sprites if one of the earlier examples don't suit your needs..

• Yes thats the problem im trying to get around, but i cant find any decent tutorials on it .

• This thread has many links to other threads with "destructible terrain" examples:

• For best performance use a tilemap with a small tile size and "seamless mode" off. You'll need to do that for the examples in the link below.

or here

For multicolored terrain i'd say use only one tile on the tilemap and use a blend mode with a spite or canvas plugin to color it.

In the other examples for destructible terrain the canvas plugin is used instead. Using the tilemap object also give the added benefit of just working with the collisions, whereas you'd have to implement collisions yourself otherwise.

• Thanks guys i.ll check it out sounds promising .

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)