Crosswalk Ads not appearing straight away

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I'm using the new Admobs ads plugin from r180 in my game and i have a issue with the ads not appearing straight away.

When testing my game, ads take a few seconds to show up, which may not seem like a lot of time but it actually is in my game. I've set up banner ads to show up on my Menu and game over screen and when these screens come up in game, it takes around 2 or 3 seconds for the ads to show up, by which time you could have entered the game (ads are hidden in gameplay) so its easy to miss these ads.

I also have a full screen ad that should appear at the end of my splash screen layout but because it doesn't appear straight away it can be quite disruptive, you could enter a game as soon as the splash screen finishes and the menu appears and then the full screen ad will appear, during gameplay.

I've tried adding a 'pre-load interstitial' action in splash screen layout but hasn't changed.

This may seem a little vague but Is there anything i can do to make adds appear straight away? It worked well with CocoonJS (whenever ads felt like showing up). I haven't uploaded my game yet, i've only just tested it with Intel XDK so would things get better once i upload the app to Google Play?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • rayray Yeah I'm curious about this too. My ads take a few seconds to appear as well, it's really frustrating. I'm using r182 and would like some help on this. Has anyone else had this issue?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)