Creating Power-Ups for Autorunner

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
75 power-up sound effects; bonus and notification sounds, fanfares, harp glissandi, stabs, clock ticks, etc.
  • I'm trying to create powerups for my Autorunner game but i can't get it to work.

The problem i'm having is that i can't get the powerups to appear where i want them to or get them to stay in one place. When i create a powerup, it moves across the screen along with the background.

I can set what the powerups do when my player collides with the power up, but i can't set the positions of the powerups.

I have read some tutorials/posts on powerups but none that have helped me with an auto runner game where the powerups occur every so often on a moving screen.

Could someone please show/explain to me how it's done with the Autorunner Template?

I hope i've made it clear what i'm trying to acheive, i'm finding it a bit difficult to explain this properly for some reason so i hope you can understand what i'm after.

Thanks

• Can you upload sample capx?

• I can't provide a capx on what i did as i don't have access to it right now and it's over 2mb so i can't add it here unfortunately.

I've provided a capx i quickly did but all i've really done is add a sprite and given it a solid behaviour. Then in the event, when the player collides with the sprite, it adds 1000 to the TotalDistance variable. This is with the Autorunner Template.

I don't know how to make it randomly appear in a way that suits an autorunner game. Also, the sprite moves to the right along with the screen, i want it to stay in one place but can't find the right way of doing it.

• You don't need to add solid to the powerUp.

Check the last events in the capx, I hope this what you need.

• Thanks, this is what i need. Is there a way of keeping the power up to stay in one place rather than move the the left of the screen?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you are using bullet behavior on everything just turn it off or set it to a different value for powerups....

• I am using bullet behaviour on backgrounds so they scroll but when i turn off bullet behaviour on the power up, it stays in one place on the screen but travels along with the background so thats no good. Even if i set the bullet to zero, it does the same thing....

• Sorry to bump this but can anyone help out?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)