Create more Objects

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Im trying to do this tutorial right now: scirra.com/tutorials/37/beginners-guide-to-construct-2/page-3

Im at the point CREATE SOME MORE MONSTERS (page3, pretty at the bottom of the page).

But when im trying to drag&drop my monster to duplicate it, like its written there, it doesnt work.

I can only clone my monster by->right mouse click -> Clone.   

Then i recieve monster1, monster2,3,4,5.. and so on in my objects list.

So that means that when i wanna add a behavior for my monsters in the event sheet i have to do it for every monster separately. And when i want 100 monsters doing the same action i will get seriously desperate then...

So please,please heeelp me... :(

• The Ctrl+Drag is supposed to be done in the layout, not in the object list

I assume that's what you're doing since you said when you right click you have the option "Clone"

• The Ctrl+Drag is supposed to be done in the layout, not in the object list

I assume that's what you're doing since you said when you right click you have the option "Clone"

I have the "clone" function in the objects and in the projects list aswell.

Do you mean with layout list the project list wich is right above the objects list?

And i cant clone my monster by holding ctrl. and dragging the item, cause when i drop my item it doesnt appear in the list :-(

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • At that point in the tutorial you are supposed to be holding control+dragging. You are not supposed to clone and no more monsters are supposed to appear in the objects list! If you have monster2, monster3 etc in the objects list you have to make events for each of these separately. If you ctrl+drag and there is only one monster in the object list, your events will apply to all the instances automatically. More information in the manual entry on object types.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)