Control Mouse Cursor from keyboard??

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Mouse cursor is something that the player controls and sees all the time, that's why it is so important to make it cool!
  • hi guys,

is it possible to control mouse cursor from keyboard?

I need this feature urgently...

thanks in advance to anyone who reply..

NB im not intersetead to make a sprite pointer similar and move it with a behavior, i NEED to take the control of the true cursor, but from keyboard instead of mouse.

• hi guys,

is it possible to control mouse cursor from keyboard?

I need this feature urgently...

thanks in advance to anyone who reply..

NB im not intersetead to make a sprite pointer similar and move it with a behavior, i NEED to take the control of the true cursor, but from keyboard instead of mouse.

No one who can help me?

• The mouse behavior doesn't have that ability, it's not really something webpages allow.

If you use nwjs you could look at its plugin for an action to do it. I haven't looked.

There is also a third party plugin called mouse lock that may be of use to you. You should be able to find it in the third party addons list.

Barring those the only other avenue for a solution is using nwjs and finding a way to make access the mouse position there with either JavaScript or some nwjs specific plugin. It's not really a quick solution at all and would require research to do.

• The mouse behavior doesn't have that ability, it's not really something webpages allow.

If you use nwjs you could look at its plugin for an action to do it. I haven't looked.

There is also a third party plugin called mouse lock that may be of use to you. You should be able to find it in the third party addons list.

Barring those the only other avenue for a solution is using nwjs and finding a way to make access the mouse position there with either JavaScript or some nwjs specific plugin. It's not really a quick solution at all and would require research to do.

Thanks for the answer, I had already tried that plugin in the illusion that it could help me, but I do not think it serves anything to move the pointer ..

These actions are available. Do you say they could serve me something?

Something for nw.js ... but if the mouse is unmovable from browser scripts because it should be different on nw.js? Is not a stand-alone version of chromium?

• Why not a object that would be the point that can be controlled both via mouse and keyboard? If none are active it just stays idle. If mouse moves - it set X/Y to mouse.x/y. If no input from mouse - active 8dir Beh?

• Because with 8dir sprite go back automatically at mouse cursor point when i tale the control from keys to mouse

• Nwjs can bypass most of the webpage limits. In theory at least. I'm haven't been interested enough to get pass the process to do such a thing though.

• Nwjs can bypass most of the webpage limits. In theory at least. I'm haven't been interested enough to get pass the process to do such a thing though.

Understood. I think give a try with electron too..

• Because with 8dir sprite go back automatically at mouse cursor point when i tale the control from keys to mouse

Yes. Didn't knew it is a problem heh. Why is it a problem?

• > Because with 8dir sprite go back automatically at mouse cursor point when i tale the control from keys to mouse

>

Yes. Didn't knew it is a problem heh. Why is it a problem?

This is a problem in my project.

• >

> > Because with 8dir sprite go back automatically at mouse cursor point when i tale the control from keys to mouse

> >

> Yes. Didn't knew it is a problem heh. Why is it a problem?

>

This is a problem in my project.

Well there are ways to lock the mouse pointer at fixed location but it won't work in all browsers.

As for relocating mouse pointer - that's impossible with Javascript.

• ok, but i need move the cursor not lock

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I know you said it was not what you wanted, but I think it's easier to simply hide the real cursor and use a fake cursor which can be controlled any way you like. Then just figure out how to bypass your problem with 8 dir. movement. Shouldn't be that hard.

• I know you said it was not what you wanted, but I think it's easier to simply hide the real cursor and use a fake cursor which can be controlled any way you like. Then just figure out how to bypass your problem with 8 dir. movement. Shouldn't be that hard.

well, if u know a way to trigger 8dir movement of a sprite WITH mouse movement please let me know, NO set position. TRIGGER 8DIR simulate control with mouse movements.

• What exactly is sprite supposed to do? follow the cursor which is controlled by a keyboard? and control is basically 8dir movement?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)