Constructing a game, how do I change the game everytime

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I want this

• Everytime a player starts a new game, a new map (like dungeons) are created.

Either from rooms I already created, or randomized.

How do I make this? Is it even possible?

• 1 If you have already created different maps in different layouts than just open from the menu or start screen (layout) to the layout you want the player to go ...

2 In case you have created your maps in the same layout just set the layer in that layout and set the location of the character in the map you want to ( bu changing its coordinates x,y) .

3 In the case you generate randomized maps than all you need , is to go to the layout where you create your generated/randomized maps .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1 If you have already created different maps in different layouts than just open from the menu or start screen (layout) to the layout you want the player to go ...

2 In case you have created your maps in the same layout just set the layer in that layout and set the location of the character in the map you want to ( bu changing its coordinates x,y) .

3 In the case you generate randomized maps than all you need , is to go to the layout where you create your generated/randomized maps .

Yeah I could make like 20 different maps (dungeons) kinda but lets say a player plays it 200 times, then all maps will probably be played so he/she knows them, so if you could randomize different parts so would that be good, is it possible?

Like you take 1 room here, 1 room there and tuck them together, they will all have the same kinda structure,

• I believe it is fully possible but you have to read a bit more about random generation , so all the different parts (moules) fit with each other .

Try to find any article about randomization on scirra forums or else were ... than you can use variables or arrays and randomize the numbers (but i haven't tried anything more than randomly positioning obstacles in my game until now so this is all i really know

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)