Conditionally Move a Layer Up or Down?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Move Block
$10 USD
Captivating puzzle game. With challenging gameplay, this game will keep you very engaged.
  • Hi,

I have several gameplay layers, with touch controls on HUD. When a specific event is triggered, I want to pause activity and have a 'tutorial layer' jump to the top of the layer stack (which has a 'click-to-continue button'). Otherwise this and other tutorial layers would be stored beneath the background.

Is there a way to do this? Is there a better approach to managing the appearance of tutorial level information notices?

Thanks for any help provided.

• Scott
  • You could just use sprites that pop in (create it), pause the game, then when they are touched then destroy and the game continues.

Or create the continue button when you create the info sprites.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the input - I was just experimenting with that sort of solution. Seems to work quite well.

Thanks again for the suggestion! This will likely be the long term solution.

No programmatic layer promotion, then?

• You can put the tutorial prompts into a group called 'Tutorial' and enable it only when you want them to appear and at the same time disable background stuff, which will be located within other groups, so that you can lock out inputs, touching, triggered events etc. Also put all of the tutorial prompts on the front layer I guess..

• ArcadEd

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to say thank you for your input!

• Scott
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)