CocoonJS is only Universal?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • Hi guys, I'm having a problem submitting my app to Apple, they keep rejecting me because they think my app is universal, even though in Xcode I of course tacked iPhone as deployment type.

Am I missing something during the CocoonJS building process? Is there somewhere you have to tack to build for iPhone only? For example, Gamesalad has an option to export exclusively for a specific device type. But Gamesalad is crap, I love Construct 2! Does CocoonJS only create an Xcodeproj file as universal?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance ^^

• Hi GTGJon,

I'm really glad you posted about this - I'm having exactly the same problem. In fact I actually got my first app rejected today because of precisely that issue.

I hope someone can give us some answers!

• If I remember correctly you have to edit the config files instead of just using the menu options in Xcode. It's been awhile though so I may be wrong. Search the forums there should be a thread or two on it.

• BluePhaze :

Thanks, but I already searched, and tried and tried for hours last night to get it to work, but seems its Universal on CocoonJS's part.

I think I will eventually write or make a youtube video tutorial on how to get a: capx --> CocoonJS process --> Creating specific Apple files --> AppStore

The process from Apple is nearly laughably ridiculous and complex, and I'm sure many newer developers will have no idea how to do this. Why is submitting to the Google PlayStore so easy? ^^

• BluePhaze :

Thanks, but I already searched, and tried and tried for hours last night to get it to work, but seems its Universal on CocoonJS's part.

I think I will eventually write or make a youtube video tutorial on how to get a: capx --> CocoonJS process --> Creating specific Apple files --> AppStore

The process from Apple is nearly laughably ridiculous and complex, and I'm sure many newer developers will have no idea how to do this. Why is submitting to the Google PlayStore so easy? ^^

Hi GTGJon,

I've also scoured the forum and drawn a blank. Have you managed to find any further information?

Also your exactly right about the submission process for Apple - the play store is a walk in the park by comparison. A tutorial would certainly make a lot of peoples lives easier!

• All CocoonJS projects are universal, because of the "UIDeviceFamily" keys in the info.plist file.

There are two keys (0 and 1, if i remember right). The first key is for iPhone/iPod and the second one for iPad.

If you want an iPhone app, just delete the second value.

Hope that helps

• reinhardius That is what I was trying to say, I couldn't remember which file it was, thanks!

• TMAJA : check out reinhardius's answer

reinhardius : Thanks! I will try this out tonight, hopefully it will fix the problem! ^^

• TMAJA , reinhardius , and BluePhaze :

I did what reinhardius said and now its working as it should! Thanks a lot for the quick response and help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • , , BluePhaze

Yep, I can confirm my latest binary upload is showing for iPhones/iPod only. Thanks for the help everyone!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)