Clay.io Questions

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • 1 - Clay.io systems works fine on mobile devices?

2 - Can I upload 2 versions of the same game? ex: a free and more simple version and a paid version with no limits.

3 - Clay.io allows to put the game on various marketplaces for various mobile devices?

4 - Works great with C2?

Thanks

• 1. Do you mean web on mobile or compiled into an android/iOS app? If it's web then yes. For mobile, I think you need to test what you want to do with the Intel XDK / phonegap (not sure about crosswalk) and as far as I know the clay plugin doesn't work with the cocoonjs plugin.

2. There's no need for 2 game versions because the clay.io plugin allows for in-game purchases. So, just have level 1 as your demo level (make it good!!) and then ask for payment to continue. I haven't read the documentation on how to implement these features but the manual on the clay.io website is quite comprehensive and should explain how to do this.

3. I think this will only be limited by your answer to 1 - what export to mobile option are you planning on?

4. Oh yes!!

• 1. Do you mean web on mobile or compiled into an android/iOS app? If it's web then yes. For mobile, I think you need to test what you want to do with the Intel XDK / phonegap (not sure about crosswalk) and as far as I know the clay plugin doesn't work with the cocoonjs plugin.

2. There's no need for 2 game versions because the clay.io plugin allows for in-game purchases. So, just have level 1 as your demo level (make it good!!) and then ask for payment to continue. I haven't read the documentation on how to implement these features but the manual on the clay.io website is quite comprehensive and should explain how to do this.

3. I think this will only be limited by your answer to 1 - what export to mobile option are you planning on?

4. Oh yes!!

hmm, thanks dude

..And about the issue with cocoonjs... the plugin has some other incompatibility related to exporting for mobile?

• Zathan, the cocoonjs plugin is a work in progress with some very recent big success. Have a look at the cocoonjs thread where the work to fix the new plugin has been cataloged. You can now use cocoonjs to wrap your app to android and iOS and use leaderboards and in-app purchasing - which is awesome. I'm not sure I understood your question referring to some other incompatibility - could you rephrase it for me please / add more detail - it seems like you're implying something but I'm not sure what exactly? Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Zathan, the cocoonjs plugin is a work in progress with some very recent big success. Have a look at the cocoonjs thread where the work to fix the new plugin has been cataloged. You can now use cocoonjs to wrap your app to android and iOS and use leaderboards and in-app purchasing - which is awesome. I'm not sure I understood your question referring to some other incompatibility - could you rephrase it for me please / add more detail - it seems like you're implying something but I'm not sure what exactly? Thanks.

No, that's ok ^^

I am starting to develop mobile games now...

Sometimes it's kind of confusing lol

I'm absorbing a lot of new information in the last days hehe

But, thank you for the reply -and sorry for the english

• No probs at all - I can guarantee that your english is better then my version of your native language! I've been doing this for over a year now and it's till confusing LOL!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)