Child Lock Feature???

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
1463 files of +850 unique phrases of a cheerful female hero child for FPS, RPG, Action, Adventure, Survival, games etc.
  • well i was looking at some interesting things, some suggest to compile the project to eclipse. But as far as i can tell there is no way to do that in C2. Here was one I was very interested in. stackoverflow.com/questions/2162182/android-is-it-possible-to-disable-the-click-of-home-button

"I'm pretty sure Toddler Lock just uses a BroadcastReciever and listens for Intent.ACTION_MAIN and the category Intent.CATEGORY_HOME - that's why when you first launch it, it tells you to check the "use this application as default" box, and makes you select toddler lock.

So, it's not really blocking the Home button at all, it's just setting itself up as the default broadcast receiver for:

Intent i = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_MAIN);

i.addCategory(Intent.CATEGORY_MAIN);

When you launch Toddler Lock, it probably sets an internal flag, and if you press the home button, it just brings the window to the front. If the flag is not set, it probably launches Launcher explicitly.

I hope that makes sense. It's just a theory, but I'm almost 100% sure that's how it's done.

share|improve this answer

answered Apr 16 '10 at 1:19

synic

11k16093

Sorry to comment on this old one, but just to correct some confusion -- you cannot receive startActivity() Intents via a broadcast receiver. However, another activity can declare itself to be a HOME activity, which will then allow the user to choose a home screen implementation when they press the HOME button. � CommonsWare Jun 28 '11 at 14:30"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I also sent a E-Mail to Toddlerlock.com but I pretty sure there not gonna let there little secret out lol

• Do you think it may be possible to use the Export to XDK and edit the code there? I will try to mess with it. I've never used the XDK before.

• bremen

Very keen on this too, have you made any head way?

• I found this...

Animal Sounds with toddler lock

Slightly different to toddler lock in you drag a key to a lock.

When lock is activated, start a service, and stop it when lock is deactivated

The service checks the top running app, and if it is not games activity, the service launches game activity

From what I understand there was an issue that when the user clicks "home", it takes about 6 seconds before activity is launched again. To bypass this, when the service detects that another app is visible, it adds a top view (as an alert window) that covers the home screen for the few seconds it takes the app to re-launch.

Anyways, here is the code : Was updated dec 2013

• So I found this plugin and it completely makes the back button on my android useless now can this be modified for the home and menu or search buttons also?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)